Thursday, March 22, 2012

It's my (well not really) party...

My latest baking creation was for my baby girl's 4th birthday!  The theme was Strawberry Shortcake.  If you are facebook fan, then you have seen the pics.  So naturally, the flavors were a good ol' white cake and strawberry flavor.  For these recipes I started with a box mix and added to it to pump it up and extend the batter.  I used the following recipe twice... made the first batch with a white cake mix, and my second batch I used a strawberry cake mix.

The Recipe
 
Ingredients
  • 1 box white cake mix
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 4 egg whites
  • 1 1/3 cups water
  • 2 Tbsp canola oil
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp almond extract
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, whisk together the cake mix, flour, sugar, and salt until well blended.
  2. Add the remaining ingredients to the mixture and beat with a mixer/hand mixer for two minutes.
  3. Fill 30 lined cupcakes 3/4 of the way full.
  4. Bake according to directions on the cake mix.
  5. Allow to cool and frost with frosting.
I will have to come back and add my recipe for the frosting... I don't currently have it with me at the place I type this from...  But I will say the frosting turned realllllyyyy good.

I think these cupcakes were fabulous, dense and smooth, wonderful flavor! The party crowd seemed to agree as well.

I don't have any pics of the individual cupcakes.. but here is the finished product... It's the BITTY CITY HOT AIR BALLOON FEST!!!! (and yes.. I did the baking and decorating... who needs a bakery...)




No comments:

Post a Comment